Job description: Field Officer, EcoSikh
Dated: 6 August 2020
Start date: as early as 17th August 2020
EcoSikh Charitable Society is a non-profit organization currently seeking to fill the position of a full- time Field Officer based in the Ludhiana area. The incumbent will be a motivated self-starter who has a commitment to the environment and is able to utilize the knowledge of Sikh teachings and principles to inspire, motivate, and work for sustainability projects.
The primary focus will be to assist in on-field operations and site visits for the Guru Nanak Sacred Forests project. The candidate is expected to have excellent communication in both verbal and written in English and Punjabi, confidence in meeting with people from all walks of life be it governmental, corporates, rural, and urban individuals in both formal and informal setups. The candidate should be readily available for outstation site visits which may sometimes require overnight stays.
Monthly salary will be 18,000/- INR – 25,000/- INR, will be determined based on capability, skills, and experience. Travel and other expenses will be compensated by the organization.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Learn and implement forest making and assist in forest projects.
- Handling forest queries via calls and emails/texts and planning site visits.
- Site visits to perform potential site monitoring activities, readiness checks, and soil sample tests/collection.
- Coordinate and assist forest makers in arranging and delivery of material, tools, etc.
- Regularly visiting EcoSikh’s plant nursery and support maintenance.
- Plan and assist training and other events with the organization.
- Capture and document data and information related to forest making and monitoring activities including images, videos, spreadsheets, etc.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and other documents pertaining to project work.
- Demonstrated ability to fully leverage social media channels (such as email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, What’s App) to generate purposeful communication.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and in writing) effectively with the team and the community at large (partners, donors, volunteers, followers).
- Recording a database of each official communication for future use.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work within tight deadlines, and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Openness to work on occasional evenings and weekends to meet events and project deadlines.
- Graduate or Post-Graduate from any field with the desired skills could be considered.
- 2/3 years of working experience preferred.
- A preferred resident of Ludhiana or happy to arrange personal accommodation in the city.
- Proficiency in English and Punjabi required with good typing skills.
- Must have their own laptop, valid driving license, and car for movement within and outside the city.
- Knowledge of work style in a non-profit.
- The Field Officer shall work directly under Pavneet Singh (Head Operations, Guru Nanak Sacred Forests).
- CVs without a cover letter, the proper subject of the email, and a picture of the candidate will not be entertained.
- The subject of the email should be Your Full Name + Vacancy Field Officer, Ludhiana.
Job Period: 3-6 months contract, extendible. The First 3 months shall be a probation period.