This page contains ready to use tools and ideas for celebrations in Gurdwaras, organizations, educational institutes and communities/families and so on. Most of the tools are common to all the categories and may be utilized as required. For any more help please contact us. Happy Sikh Environment Day.
Toolkit for Gurdwaras/Organisations/Green Clubs (in English and Punjabi):
- Sikh Environment Day Guide (English) Or ਸਿੱਖ ਵਾਤਾਵਰਣ ਦਿਵਸ ਲਈ ਸੁਝਾਅ ਪੱਤਰ in (Punjabi): an eight point detailed guide on how to organize and celebrate March 14 with topics on kirtan and katha, lessons from history (saakhis), activities for kids and sangat in general.
- A PowerPoint show (PDF) in English and Punjabi about Sikh Vision on Environment: containing 12 slides (pdf) which you can show at your nearest Gurdwara and inspire sangat.
- Eak Bageecha (Gurbani on Environment): a booklet Eak Bageecha comprising over 30 gurbani shabads which you can sing on Sikh Environment Day for celebrations.
- A pledge form for signing: a general pledge form for commitment to environment, a wonderful tool to be used on Sikh Environment day.
- Flyers and posters: Spread the word about March14 by these posters.
Toolkit for Educational Institutions (Schools/Colleges):
- Readout for classroom: A one page document plus a questionnaire for students of primary, middle and high school. You can inspire your classmates and teachers about Sikhism and celebrating Sikh Environment Day. Later you can post this page onto your classroom or school notice board. Download links for: Elementary, Middle and High Schools.
- A PowerPoint show (PDF) in English and Punjabi about Sikh Vision on Environment: containing 12 slides (pdf) which you can show at your school and share the Sikh vision on environment.
- Ten Minute Eco-Assembly (English and Punjabi): a very unique way to celebrate Sikh Environment Day along with your school. Just read an essay on, ‘Nearer to Nature, Nearer to God’ from the booklet and take pledge with all the students to protect the environment in only ten minutes during your regular school assembly. Currently uploaded are the draft versions without logos on the participating organisations, please come back again for the updated ones, very soon.
- Flyers and posters: Sikh Environment Day poster in (Punjabi and English). Print and post onto your school notice board.
Toolkit for Communities/Families:
- Readout for classroom: Parents; if you want your child to become an environment lover and speak on environment in his/her school, please print this one page document plus a questionnaire and make your child inspire his classmates with a small speech on Sikh Environment Day. Links to download, for Elementary, Middle and High school.
- A PowerPoint show (PDF) in English and Punjabi about Sikh Vision on Environment: share what Sikhism tells about environment love and protection with your neighbourhood, and inspire them.
- Sikh Environment Day Guide (English) Or ਸਿੱਖ ਵਾਤਾਵਰਣ ਦਿਵਸ ਲਈ ਸੁਝਾਅ ਪੱਤਰ in (Punjabi): use this guide for elaborate ideas on how to celebrate Sikh Environment Day
- Flyers and posters: Sikh Environment Day poster in (Punjabi and English). Print, post and spread the word.